Painting your dreams
profile tagboard links misc
Simmy’s Blog

Luvs Dreaming. Luvs Econs.

This site is owned by SimmY









© Copyrighted 2006 - 2011. All rights reserved.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
@ 12:34 AM

Some kind of Singapore Policeman


Just reached home after my cousin's wedding dinner. But the post today is not about how sumptuous the food was or how pretty the bride is. Its about the lousy attitude I receive from the policeman at Tio_g Ba_hru Neighbourhood Police post. I shall not spell out the full name in case I get into some kind of trouble for slandering the civil service. In Singapore, its law by law. Provided people have all the time in the world to wait for the inefficient people to settle things for you.

Here is the case today where I had a close brush with death but was shrugged off by the policeman with a lousy attitude.

At about 7pm in the evening, I was waiting for my grandparents at their hdb block at Kim Tian Road to go for the wedding together. While I was walking my grandfather to the car, a glass bottle contained in a red plastic bag fell down from above directly in front of me. The glass shattered and cut my left arm.

I was only 2 steps away from it. If not for the fact that I was walking slowly, typing an sms, I would have gotten serious injury on my head instead of only cuts on my hands and legs. I am very sure it was a prank because the bottle was nicely put in a plastic bag and ready to be thrown.

After the incident happened, I stood there in shock for about 30 seconds before my uncle quickly shouted for me to hide under the shelter in case that crazy person throw another object down. Quite a few passer-by helped by shouting towards the units upstairs in hokkien to scold that 缺德鬼。

I was terribly angry then and also worried because many elderly stay at the area over there and it is very easy to hit them intentionally because they walk quite slowly. So, after recovering from shock, I immediately dialed 999 to report the case.

The person on the line asked me to stand there and wait till the policemen come over in about half an hours time, but I can't afford the time to stand there waiting because my whole family was rushing to my cousin's wedding. When I finish telling the police on the line about the incident, I asked him if he will send someone down to do something about it, but he was reluctant to answer me.

So as a responsible citizen of Singapore, I personally went down to the Tio_g Ba_hru Neighbourhood police post just opposite the block, hoping that I can tell the police there to some down to have a look and recount he incident now so that when the people come down, he can tell them about it. Also, the evidence needs to be collected fast because many people are already stepping on it at that high human traffic area.

When I went there this policeman (I shall name him Police F) was keying his data on the computer and he asked me to wait because he is currently busy. (Yar, busy with data entry - what if there is casualty, can I afford to wait?)

After waiting for a few minutes, he finally looked at me,
Me: " A glass bottle fell from a high rise building at ..."
(Interrupted)
Police : F" Arh, Write your name Address, Telephone first"

After doing so, he then asked me what happened.
(Recounted the whole incident)

Police F " Anyone injured?"
Me: " I am the one injured"
Police F " Need me to call the ambulance"
Me: "No"

Here comes the ridiculous part
Police F :" you need to wait about 30-45 mins for someone to come down and investigate. So do you still want to report the case?"
(I then realize that actually whatever I have just said is not in the police record yet, it was just written on a white sheet of blank paper that I suspect he threw away after I left"

Me: "I need to rush down to my cousin's wedding, can't afford a 45 minutes wait. (Isn't it ridiculous to ask someone somewhere else to come down when he is just less than 200m away from the incident location)

By then 我差点气炸了, wanted to scold him but suppressed it.

Me to aunt : " 他说要45分钟"
Aunt to Police F: " 今天我们自家人,她(Referring to me)要去做伴娘,不能等怎么久, 在对面而已,你跟我们走过去看看就好!, 我们指给你看(Referring to evidence)"

Police F :"我不能离开警岗"(Crap, are you a policeman or a receptionist, a policeman who can't go out of his station to catch a thief, u call that police)
Aunt:"那要等45分钟arh?"
Police F:"45分钟是minimum,可能更久hor。。"( So are you discouraging me from reporting this case so you have lesser work to do?)


Me:"Can I report the case first"
Police F:" if you report this case you have to come down another day for investigation, so do you still want to report?" (What is this man *@!#%%&%&, this is not a civil case (like Joo Chiat Neighbours), we are taking about a possibility of someone getting killed and seriously injured, its a life okay! Doesn't mean I am not seriously injured, the second person will be so lucky.If this 缺德鬼 get away with it, it is not impossible that he will do it the second time)

Aunt:"你跟我们去先,我们告诉你在那里"

Police F:"不可以, 她 (Me) 要在那里指给他们 (the policeman) 看"

Aunt: " 我们有拍照(Referring to the photos of plastic bag, glass bottle and my wound im my father's hp)
Police F: " Auntie 你知道抓贼要人赃并获" (Isn't this what I am doing, asking you to go with me there to collect the object).

So why can't he do it now? (If there is a murder case there are you going to ask them to wait for 45 mins or more? By the time evidence would have been contaminated and, so whats the point?)

Me: " I can't wait for so long"
Policeman " Then you have to come back another day."
Me:" Whats the point of coming another day, the evidence would have been gone"
Police F: " ...."
Aunt: " 这样是不可以lah, 。。。。”

Police F - 敷衍了几句

(Phone rang, Police F picks up Phone[ask us to wait]: " ...., he is retarded one,...."

此时 me and auntie 已以忍无可忍,disappointed with the kind of nonchalant attitude he gave and we walked out of the police post angrily. He wasn't serious about helping us at all. Keep discouraging us from lodging a report. Its true I was't seriously injured. But I am 2 steps away from that, isn't they the ones who told us PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE? You call this Serving the community and efficiency of Singapore civil service? They are just wasting the tax payer's money. Building police post and hiring policeman just for show.
Never believe those policeman shows + forensic shows you see on TV, they are so damn fake. #@&^%&^%*&^&$%^$#@!@%$$%&^ Maybe this kind of attitude is the reason why how M_s Sel_mat managed to escaped.

难道等人死了才来查吗? This is the so call Singapore's effective Civil Service.