Wednesday, January 21, 2009
@ 11:17 PM
平凡的力量!

PeiShan and Xianan won the NUS Japanese Karaoke Competition organised by J-Music Circle. Wohoo. They are so zai! I am so happy to have been down there to watch them sing. Just a pity we never take photo with the winning group, but nonetheless I feel so happy that they won. The first prize is a pair of air tickets to Japan (can hear all the WAH..). Yup, my dream country in secondary school, can go to their Disneyland and DisneySea leh. (Simmy is dying to go DisneySea)
Xianan also won the 3rd prize which is $100 Kinokuniya Voucher ( I hear another WAH..)
Yup, 人有一技之长真好, I remember watching 我猜 then was quite amaze that with a skill like motorbiking, singing, calligraphy some people can win so many prizez and can use it when they need to.
So why is this entry titled 平凡的力量? Cos I remember using this to describe Peishan to encourage her to participate in singing competitions. What is 平凡的力量? I define it as a kind of character that people possess that will make others want to see you succeed and win because the person is just like us in everyday life. Seeing them succeed will make us feel that there is some hope in the world for 小市民 like us. A representation of people like this will be like 徐佳莹 in 星光大道3。 很平易近人,以生活中的小事为题材去感动别人,不许用很强的字眼,或哗众取宠,或有一种脱俗的气质。只要把平民百姓最真诚的感动唱出来,所以观众会打从心底支持。I think one of the important thing that makes me support a contestant is that I have to be able to relate to them.
However I know taste of everybody vary, just like how so many people shouted for 'The Pulse' today but I hope occasionally, people will think of the 纯朴,天真的日子. 不要被包装,marketing tactics 蒙蔽了.
平凡万岁!
