Painting your dreams
profile tagboard links misc
Simmy’s Blog

Luvs Dreaming. Luvs Econs.

This site is owned by SimmY









© Copyrighted 2006 - 2011. All rights reserved.
Sunday, September 25, 2011
@ 8:05 PM

Stands Still



If time never move on, I will forever stay on.


Decided to watched 'Forrest Grump' online today. For many, this is probably a childhood movie but it was my first time watching the full movie. In an attempt to find back some of my ideals and innocence in life, I decided against watching all the complicated Hollywood blockbusters screened, but just relax in the afternoon with Mr. Grump. A man with an IQ of only 75, but did things larger than himself. His mama raised him like any other kid, with the ideology that we should do to our best with what god has given us. So he never grumbles. Remain true to his friend, filial to his mother, steadfast in love and always keep his promises. These were qualities that most of us start out with in this world.Then slowly, reality sets in and you realise that there are too many grey areas you cannot make decide wwhich should be a better decision. Then based on the excuse that everybody gives that 'this is reality' you easily give up those gifts you had.

I guess when I was younger, the world never looked as complicated as this. Mr. Grump grows up but unlike us, he does not give up. His values and ideas, he never stopped believing in them. His success was because he holds on to each promise he made and what he was told to do so strongly that he couldn't be bothered about other things. Yes, that is what we should do and he never for once, stop to think twice.

Time waits for no one, that is why people rush into doing things. They rush to finish their studies, they rush to get promoted, they rush to accumulate wealth, rush into getting into relationships, rush to make new friends, rush to....

But why aren't we enjoying the process?
Mr. Grump only has a few friends, but he never fails to remember them.
Mr. Grump loves Jenny and he never gives up.
Mr. Grump takes his time to play ping-pong, to run, to start his shrimp business because he enjoys doing it.

I wish I could hold on to my beliefs as strongly as he did. To never stop believing that the world is as innocent as it should be if everyone should think in the same way. I am slightly perturb by the facts that I have seen along the way that I feel it is difficult to go back.

Time is running against me. I am baffled. Should I ever hold on to things that may never return? But if they are things you hold dear to your heart, why shouldn't you?