Saw this song on Ah Ming's blog and felt rather intrigue by the lyrics. Didn't understand what idea it was suppose to convey, hence decide to google for the interpretation and thus came across the complex but detailed explanation by lyricist Xiao Han on her blog:
http://blog.omy.sg/xiaohan/2011/07/12/%E8%95%AD%E6%95%AC%E9%A8%B0%E3%80%8A%E8%A4%87%E8%A3%BD%E4%BA%BA%E3%80%8B%E8%A9%9E%E8%A7%A3/
給你沒知覺的肉身
表面複製於愛你這個人
我承諾還得以完成
只是那不是我在等
was my favorite part. In my recent daily life, especially so after starting work and meeting some complex scenarios in life, I really thought that probably a clone of myself would have made things better? Then i could give it to people I think I need to, to make them happy. Though probably it is a rather selfish thought as well because the beauty of spending time with someone is the opportunity cost of the person spending it on other activities. Having a clone thus makes your time worthless in some sense.
But what if I could have a clone but not let people know it is one. It can help keeps people around me happy and at the same time free me from responsibilities I need to but can't take. If it means sacrificing yourself to make someone else happy, are you willing to do it? If you can't do it, can you bear the consequences of the sadness of the other party. That is such the rules of life. For every choice you take, there is a sacrifice to be made. If at every crossroad, you split yourself into two, then there wouldn't be such word call 'cherish', then would the meaning of life itself still remain?
Linking back to my article dated a month back on Freedom, is there such a thing call freedom? Is there is, then why is there a need for people to persuade others who have gone astray to return back to the right track? Who are you to decide, what is right for someone? If the person is willing to bear the consequences, then why not? There are many times when I feel the need to fulfill certain expectations set out by others but my emotions tell me otherwise.
不如就将我的复制人拿去,让我跟随着自己的感觉,往心灵的方向出发。