Thursday, January 03, 2013
@ 11:26 PM
Didn't the world end in 2012?
Yes, as the time stamp of this blog entry states, we have moved on to 2013. Today, a colleague cum friend of mine asked me: "whats your resolution for the year, you must write it down you know!". Just then, I thought to myself and laughed. What's my resolution, I remember when I was a little younger, I had a fetish for doing such cliche acts and writing them on my blog. Vaguely remember a post about my resolution to be wiser. HAHA. I was perhaps trying my best to sound romantic or at least trying to think of something nice to write as a resolution.
This year, I tried very hard to think but looking at the dismal state of things, I thought perhaps CHANGE is the word to sum up what I want to do for this year. Nothing to do with Obama's last election slogan (I don't follow US elections closely) but it was from a particular episode from a drama 'In time with you' I caught the word 改变. What do I want to change? I repeatly ask myself. Been trying very hard to work on this. At least from 31st Dec till now, been asking myself for significant actions or decisions that I have been making, whether I have changed the way I react or response. 如果这样的黄新惠,会拥有这样的人生,那么那样的黄新惠又会是怎么样的。。。?
在2012年12月20日,我站在尼泊尔Pohkara小镇,安静平静的渡过了所谓的世界末日。这天,玛雅人预言的日子并未到来。而这天的未降临,表示着我再无借口浑浑噩噩的过生活,而是必须正视所有问题的存在。若觉得对不起朋友,就应该道歉。若有喜欢的人,何必等到末日才相爱。若希望成为了不起的人,那就要找自己喜欢的工作并发奋图强。我不笨,但有时看事情的视角很狭窄,喜欢纠结在一件事情上,而且感情用事。批判自己,是改变的开始。我不完美,那又怎样。人生是我自己的,难道需要别人帮我决定怎么过吗?
:)